Tuesday, March 17, 2015

The V in Violence

It always amazes me when I hear about a fight or altercation and I observe the vast amount of people exclaiming that they would have done this and that.. It's truly amazing.

Personally, I don't do violence. Sure, there are personalities I've encountered that I've been repelled by. And yes, there are some people I sometimes dream of wiping the floor with but I specifically don't go to those places in my head for a reason. And when I do, it is always a very short visit.

People love watching others get their ass kicked - that is a fact and not an ideal because I've heard it, and I've seen it. Whenever there is a fight in my school, people jump up like fucking monkeys and shout "World star!" repeatedly. They record it, and they laugh because it's always funny until someone gets hurt - then it's hilarious.

Well, if you're black or a starving child in Africa it's politically incorrect and JUSTICE MUST BE SERVED.

Give me a break.

But girls can rip each other's weave from their heads and guys can be jumped by a gang and it's cool. A while ago we watched a video in class about the South African Apartheid. In the video, these native Africans beat the pulp out of this white guy walking down the street. Almost every kid cheered the fighting on, totally entertained by the clip. Then we watched a video of white South Africans shooting at native South Africans in one of the "ghettos". And I swear the entire energy of the classroom changed. Everyone was saying how awful it was, that the white people were wrong for doing that and it gave me a headache.

I 100% agree that the apartheid was fucked up. I think depriving people from their own rights as a soul and a spirit that needs to cultivate is a fucked up as beating the hell out of someone because their skin looks just like the skin of those who broke you down. It's all fucked up.

Listening to people go on about how they would have "sent that bitch to the hospital if she put her hands on me" literally makes me want to admit myself into some mental institution because that kind of "logic" is crazy. And I'm more likely to be called crazy for not supporting violence with violence. Excuse me for thinking it's ridiculous to burn shops down and blow up cars because police officers killed a man who was innocent in your eyes. I mean just ask yourself how dumb you have to be to cause chaos to stop chaos. Please, go sit the fuck down.

The Mike Brown and Eric Garner situations are messed up. But we don't know enough to decide who's really innocent and who is guilty. I there is footage of Mike Brown stealing and assaulting the store clerk, then he is guilty of something. If the reports say the police officer shot the guy, then he too is guilty of something. Take away the colors and the perpetuated animosity blacks have for whites and you've got this:

A young man along with a friend steals from a convenient store and assaults the store clerk when he is confronted. Later that day a police officer gets into an altercation with the young man and the young man is killed.

Who is most responsible for the way things turned out that day?

Is karma really a bitch?

SONG FOR TODAY: Wednesday Night Interlude - Drake, PARTYNEXTDOOR


No comments:

Post a Comment