Thursday, February 19, 2015

Corrupted (P)

Awakened,
 a while after dawn 
...and I am face to face
with my innocence.

For three-fourths of a second, 
I am just a spirit - enclosed 
in my assigned vessel 
ecstatic that I’m whole.

Then every day begins with similar routines:
Walk, Walk, Sit. 
Walk, Talk, Stop. 
Think, Go, Breathe. 
Talk, Sit, Walk, Repeat.

There is no time to focus.

I almost always land in the 
same ticking tapping time-bomb 
where I learn to think 
like a bee and live like a butterfly.  

Someone decided to call that bomb school; I call it corruption.

It can’t be right for a child to spend 
more time in a building than 
inside the world it’s supposedly growing up in.

Has it always been that we children 
should learn Shakespeare’s 
“A drum! A drum! Macbeth doth come.” 
before we learn what road we’re on? 
Or am I just insane.

“School” has become a social experiment; 
a reality TV show called “Survival of the Fittest”.

A cash house used by textbook 
diploma wearing figures who 
stuff the manufactured knowledge 
along with bias shaped perception
down our throats every day 
in the form of a school lunch. 

While they vacation and feed 
their fantasies paying away their 
chosen debt with our tax dollars 
oblivious to the diamonds on 
the sidelines swimming in the 
Kool-Aid because we can do 
nothing more than 

walk, walk, sit. 
Walk, talk, stop. 
Think, go, breathe. 
Talk, sit, walk, and repeat. 

No comments:

Post a Comment